Spells/Making Spells

If you have questions about spellcasting or wish to share your spell/ritual, feel free to do so here.

Moderator: Esmerelda

xAckinCrayCrayx
Novice

Sun May 27, 2018 6:39 am

Hello all! I am fairly new to this practice and I am seeking help on spells. I know that there are many spells already in writing on the internet, in books, etc. But I was wondering if these spells that I read are simply guidelines. May I recite spells that have already been made, or do I need to make my own? Will they not be effective if I use someone else's spell? Any help would be appreciated!

Thank you :D
Nature, Nature, Ever Strong You Are. Nature, Nature, Never Are You Far.
Wondrinfree
Novice

Mon May 28, 2018 8:29 am

Spells are essentially about intent. For these spells to work for you they need to be owned by you and meaningful to you. That is not to say you cannot use Internet ones but you have to make them yours or of you. It is your essence and your focus which is giving power to the spell.
xAckinCrayCrayx
Novice

Mon May 28, 2018 8:35 am

Thank you!! I’d been curious about that for a long while now. I was also worried that if I’d recited a spell that was not mine, it would backfire or bring me misfortune, perhaps bringing the opposite outcome of the spell’s intent.

On a side note, is spell-making difficult?
Esmerelda
Magician

Tue May 29, 2018 7:50 am

Any spells that are available, absolutely you can use them. However you may enjoy creating your own spells, make certain the spells are positive.
xAckinCrayCrayx
Novice

Wed May 30, 2018 2:12 am

Thank you so much! Can I make a spell however I please, or do I need to follow certain rules?
Wondrinfree
Novice

Wed May 30, 2018 8:54 am

There are certain procedures in all magic that help you develop intent and focus.
The Internet has some excellent articles on how to perform various magics. Sigil and candle magic are among the easier ones. Try them and get comfortable with them and see what works for you.
Don't worry about things 'backfiring', if what you are doing is well intended then there is little scope for things to go wrong. Witchcraft is also about self discovery. You are the fundamental ingredient.