Help for beginners?

If you have questions about spellcasting or wish to share your spell/ritual, feel free to do so here.

Moderator: Esmerelda

MysteriaStormwing
Novice

Tue May 03, 2016 10:01 am

Hi everyone, I'm sorry if this topic looks kinda... n00bish; I'm new to witchcraft (aside from research) and casting spells, and I've never actually started a topic on a forum before. :oops:

I tried to cast a weather spell yesterday, but I'm not sure whether it worked as it was already raining. Is there any way to tell whether spells definitely work? I mean, aside from my intention was X and X happened, as, being a beginner, there's no confident way to tell whether I've just done something or whether it was going to happen anyway.

Are there any beginner spells that will definitely do something? I'm really not sure what my path is (I can tell it's not Pagan and it's not Wiccan; I prefer non-religious paths) but I want to experiment with casting a dark magick spell that really took my fancy ( http://www.free-witchcraft-spells.com/b ... pells.html ), but I'm worried that because I've never cast a spell that worked trying to cast the "Darkness Dreaming" spell won't do anything.

Sorry for the long and rambly post! :)
Esmerelda
Magician

Wed May 04, 2016 4:55 am

Hello, if your intention was x and x happened, then your spell has worked.

We would suggest you stay away from dark magic, as it can have some negative results, however if this is a direction you want to go, we suggest you try the Adyar Bookshop.

Work with the shorter spells to begin with, they are easier to manage. Good luck with your chosen path.
MysteriaStormwing
Novice

Wed May 04, 2016 12:37 pm

Hi Esmerelda, thanks for the reply!! In that case I may have done something, but since the weather has been sunny for the past two days, I'm going to try again and see if that does something! That should give a better indication of whether I did anything or not.

Also, thank you so much for the recommendations! Simple and shorter spells are better for me right now, I just need my "ingredients". :D
jabroome42
Novice

Thu May 05, 2016 12:24 am

Hello...I am also new to the craft....looking to connect with other witches for info and comraderie
NSB
Novice

Sat May 14, 2016 10:38 am

Hi - I was going through the spells on the website to help me get my desired job. In most spells there is a "spell " to be recited. I was wondering how many times do we need to recite the particular words? Just once or more eg 108 times like Hindu mantras?
Also should the spell be done just once or everyday till you get the job?
Appreciate your help
Esmerelda
Magician

Mon May 16, 2016 4:09 am

Hello NSB

You only need to recite the spell once, unless the spell says otherwise. However if you repeat the spell over several days, the spell will increase in power.

Good luck with your new job.
ashruiz5426
Novice

Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:39 pm

Hi I'm also new, I was wondering if any of you knew of any basic spells for me to start off with?
Esmerelda
Magician

Wed Jul 06, 2016 7:18 am

Hello Ashruiz5426

Choose the spells that are the shortest, focus on preparation, such as a ten minute meditation with a white candle as your focus, this will put you in a space that is conducive to creating magic. Take your time, regulate your breathing and proceed.

Here is a simple love spell for you.

Spell to win someone’s affections.

This is a spell to win the affections of a particular person.

You will need:
Two glasses.
A small gold item such as a ring.
One red candle and a table to place your items on.
Cast this spell on a Friday night after 8pm.

Place the candle to the North of your table and light it. Place the glasses to the South and put the gold item in one. Run your finger around the rim of the glass, three times. Tip the item into the other glass and repeat. Pick up both glasses and touch them together as if making a toast, place them back in the South of the table.

Recite the following twice:

Romance for me it will be. Someone caring come to me. I am ready let this be. And it harm no one. It will be done.

Allow the candle to burn for exactly half an hour then extinguish it.
cbelche2
Novice

Fri Aug 05, 2016 11:18 pm

Do you let the candle burn from half an hour till after you say the spell or since you first lit it
cbelche2
Novice

Fri Aug 05, 2016 11:19 pm

While saying the spell are you supposed to think about that particular lover..how does it get directed to them?