Lets talk about divination?

Discussions about divination.

Moderator: Esmerelda

Dark Rose
Apprentice

Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:10 pm

Ok, since its an empty board and no ones speaking. How about I start us off with a few questions to share information and talk with each other?

What divining mediums can you use? E.g tarot, scrying, dowsing
Whats you favorite way of divining?
How do you charge, store, look after your divination mediums?
Is there any other ones you would like to learn in the future?
Esmerelda
Magician

Wed Aug 17, 2016 5:22 am

Some of my favourite divination techniques are Palmistry, Viking runes, Psychometry, To choose from there are also Tea-leaf reading, Astrology, Numerology, Phrenology, face reading and Aura reading.

With any divination I do,there are specific rituals that I use, you can use ready made rituals or create your own.
Dark Rose
Apprentice

Thu Aug 18, 2016 1:07 pm

What divining mediums can you use?
Tarot, scrying, and now learning pendulum.

Tarot

I keep my tarot in a special made bag and quarterly I like to cleanse them with smudge and recharge them on the next full moon i scry on any patterned surfaces like leather or wallpaper so nothing special is done. Just got my pendulum so will treat it like my tarot cards.

Ruins and ogham
Dark Rose
Apprentice

Thu Aug 18, 2016 1:12 pm

Can I ask you Esmerelda about divining with viking ruins. I'd love to learn to use these.
Did you teach yourself or did you have a teacher?
Do you just divine for yourself or do you read for others?
Esmerelda
Magician

Fri Aug 26, 2016 4:48 am

You always shake the bag of runes first, you then hold the bag still for one minute, after which you place your hand inside and draw a rune. Learn the meaning of the rune to begin with, then focus on the inscription, your third eye will activate, this way you find you're able to see more then first meets the eye.

Practice by reading one rune at a time, then you can graduate to a runic spread, the simplest is pulling three runes from a bag, placing them left to right, this being past present and future.

If you purchase the Ralph Blum Viking runes, a book comes with them, giving you several layouts, from very simple to more complex spreads.
I started working with the Viking runes when I was quite young, I did not have a tutor for this, I practiced each day until I became proficient.

I divine for myself and others, Psychome­try has always been my favourite method of divination.
happywitch
Apprentice

Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:46 pm

Hello both of you,
I’ve never been taught the Craft in this life. And in my introduction post it came quite naturally. I, in a quite literal sense, was Scrying. I’d like to do again and kind of achieve powers naturally. But they come and go: but I’d like to hold on to them. And use them for good. Which why I feel like the Gods give them when appropriate. But Esmeralda I am quite interested in you for reason. And this website is quite new to me. I really wish you could be my Mentor.

Yours Truly,
✩Alexandra Leanza✩

IG: @happywxtch
@happycr4p
Esmerelda
Magician

Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:33 am

In the beginning there will be ebb and flow with your powers, keep practicing and you will find your rhythm.
Pirate Witch
Novice

Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:07 am

I mainly use a Pendulum, bobber and L rods and a forked branch.
Tanawylfen
Novice

Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:49 pm

What divining mediums can you use? E.g tarot, scrying, dowsing
I regulary use Runes, Tarot and Oracle cards. I have used Dice and Pendulum in the past also.
I was always a fan of Tarot as it was the system I learnt first, but am increasingly drawn to Runes nowadays. I use the 33 rune Northumbrian Futhorc which is local to my area. Most of the runes are the same as the more popular 24 or 25 rune Elder Futhark set, but a few are a bit different in shape and they have extra runes which were developed in the medieval period to cover new sounds in the regional language.

I hallow them before first use by passing 3 times over a candle flame clockwise and calling upon the god Thunor (Thor) to sanctify them. After that I'll maybe use a crystal (quartz or selenite are ones I like for this) with the deck/set, or I'll visualize white light surrounding them to cleanse them. I'm thinking of trying to charge them under a full moon to see if this enhances them.
I would like to develop my scrying abilities. I'm interested in both water scrying (I have a black bowl for this purpose) and also fire scrying.