Lets talk about divination?

Discussions about divination.

Moderator: Esmerelda

Dark Rose
Apprentice

Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:10 pm

Ok, since its an empty board and no ones speaking. How about I start us off with a few questions to share information and talk with each other?

What divining mediums can you use? E.g tarot, scrying, dowsing
Whats you favorite way of divining?
How do you charge, store, look after your divination mediums?
Is there any other ones you would like to learn in the future?

Esmerelda
Conjurer

Wed Aug 17, 2016 5:22 am

Some of my favourite divination techniques are Palmistry, Viking runes, Psychometry, To choose from there are also Tea-leaf reading, Astrology, Numerology, Phrenology, face reading and Aura reading.

With any divination I do,there are specific rituals that I use, you can use ready made rituals or create your own.

Dark Rose
Apprentice

Thu Aug 18, 2016 1:07 pm

What divining mediums can you use?
Tarot, scrying, and now learning pendulum.

Whats you favorite way of divining?
Tarot

How do you charge, store, look after your divination mediums?
I keep my tarot in a special made bag and quarterly I like to cleanse them with smudge and recharge them on the next full moon i scry on any patterned surfaces like leather or wallpaper so nothing special is done. Just got my pendulum so will treat it like my tarot cards.

Is there any other ones you would like to learn in the future?
Ruins and ogham

Dark Rose
Apprentice

Thu Aug 18, 2016 1:12 pm

Can I ask you Esmerelda about divining with viking ruins. I'd love to learn to use these.
Did you teach yourself or did you have a teacher?
Do you just divine for yourself or do you read for others?

Esmerelda
Conjurer

Fri Aug 26, 2016 4:48 am

You always shake the bag of runes first, you then hold the bag still for one minute, after which you place your hand inside and draw a rune. Learn the meaning of the rune to begin with, then focus on the inscription, your third eye will activate, this way you find you're able to see more then first meets the eye.

Practice by reading one rune at a time, then you can graduate to a runic spread, the simplest is pulling three runes from a bag, placing them left to right, this being past present and future.

If you purchase the Ralph Blum Viking runes, a book comes with them, giving you several layouts, from very simple to more complex spreads.
I started working with the Viking runes when I was quite young, I did not have a tutor for this, I practiced each day until I became proficient.

I divine for myself and others, Psychome­try has always been my favourite method of divination.

• Information