General chat thread

If you have a suggestion or comment you can share it here.

Moderator: Esmerelda

Dark Rose
Apprentice

Thu Aug 18, 2016 2:44 pm

Thanks for the fantastic forum, its great. :D
Just a little suggestion. I was wondering if a "general chat" thread section would be helpful to have for any topic of conversation that doesn't fit within the other thread areas. For example tonight is a full moon and I wasn't sure where this topic of conversation could be posted. If we had a general thread I would have posted it there.
Blessed be

Esmerelda
Conjurer

Fri Aug 26, 2016 4:11 am

Hello Dark Rose

That's an excellent suggestion, we have added a general chat room.

Thank you

1queenbee
Novice

Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:21 am

hey i know about traditional trees to make wands out of but what are the more common non-traditional trees that can be used?

Esmerelda
Conjurer

Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:05 am

Hello 1queenbee, any kind of tree wood can be used in your wand, choose a branch that you are drawn to and get a feeling for. Some woods can produce higher quality of magic then others, so it is worth using these woods if possible. Once you find a suitable branch, anoint it in oil, to charge and bring energy into the wand. To add further power to the wand, you can engrave symbols, add crystals and paint the wand.

Some woods known to make quality wands are:
Acacia, Alder, Apple, Ash, Aspen, Beech, Blackthorn, Black Walnut, Cedar, Cherry, Chestnut, Cypress, Dogwood, Ebony, Elder, Elm, English Oak, Fir, Hawthorn, Hazel, Holly, Hornbeam, Larch, Laurel, Maple, Pear, Pine, Poplar, Red Oak, Redwood, Rowan, Silver lime, Spruce, Sycamore, Vine, Walnut, Willow, Yew

• Information