Nice to meet you

Welcome to our forum. Make your introductions here.

Moderator: Esmerelda

Rose B.
Novice

Wed Oct 31, 2018 3:47 am

Hello,

I’m very new to this, and I hope I can learn and improve from this community.
When I was younger, I found myself to be very inquisitive about patterns; i mean elements, and tarot and astrology, numerology, and have recently gotten back into tarot readings. As well as into runes and ogham divination is very new to me.

I am also struggling with finding an identity for myself. By that I mean, I am raised under catholic beliefs but have always been interested in Wiccan and Druidry; nature and seas fascinate so much. I enjoy sitting still a quiet under the forest or being in the waters. And love making shapes out of the sand and twigs.

I seek knowledge and self-improvement most of all, but I’m afraid of how selfish that might be. I hope to understand from everyone’s perspective and learn as I continue to grow.

Every stranger is a teacher and the environment one is in provides a lesson.

I am currently a full time student attending in a university, there aren’t anyone I know that is interested in witchcraft or druidcraft. If there is anything more you want to know about me, leave me a message and I’ll try to answer as soon as possible.

Thank you for reading this, it is nice to meet new people.
Esmerelda
Magician

Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:15 am

I would think from what you have said that you have already made an imprint into the world of Wiccan. I suggest you try as many types of divination as you can and from this you will recognise your strengths. You will also receive guidance through meditation which you could do daily. It is understandable that you are drawn to the Earth and Water, on a soul level you are tuning into the elements. Keep walking on your path of discovery and you will find that like minded people will be drawn to you.

I wish you well on your journey, please let me know how all unfolds for you.
jmcnally
Novice

Wed Oct 31, 2018 3:06 pm

I'm willing to bet your university has some sort of group or club associated with Wiccan culture and beliefs. I know mine did and it wasn't a huge school (undergrad anyway). I know what you mean about just sitting in the woods or in water. Pretty much nothing comes close to being as peaceful as sitting in a pond or stream. Have you checked with your school's student union or other similar body?

I'm by no means an authority on anything myself, but I sympathize with a lot of what you said. Being raised in a different belief system can be difficult. I wish you the best in your journey! Hope to see more posts from you.