New Pagan

Welcome to our forum. Make your introductions here.

Moderator: Esmerelda

Tyonca
Novice

Mon May 07, 2018 2:33 am

Hello I'm Tyonca,

Okay, so I say new pagan but really I don't think I can even be called a Pagan yet. I am just starting my practice and I am still in the getting my hands on all that I can and reading it stage. Over the years I have gone back and forth about the craft due to the way I was raised. I won't get into that, I've chosen my path and I am ready to start my spiritually journey. The problem that my two friends and I are having (we work together and kind of just found out that we are all just starting out, funny how that works out) is that there is so much out there to find read about. We aren't really even sure if what we are reading and studying is the proper stuff. I have found so many books on paganism and wicca (which is the path I have chosen) but how do I know what is the truth and what is just-well not true? I have tried fallowing what my gut says is true but now my friends are asking what they should read. When it was just me making a choice to read a book that was fine but I have no idea if the place I am leading my friends in the right direction. Right now I have only told to read up on our history but that won't keep them for long. Soon they will be wanting to learn more and I really don't know what to tell them.

If anyone has any advice I would be more that happy to listen because truly I'm at a loss here. Plus my one friend wants to learn more about tarot cards and I am studying runes. I have no idea which what to tell her. sure I've done reading on tarot divination when I was doing research but when I found runes I stopped reading about tarot cards and how to.

Thank you to everyone that replies.
Blessed Be
Esmerelda
Magician

Wed May 09, 2018 5:17 am

Hello Tyonca,

Following your intuition you will be guided and led in the right direction, regarding your friend, remind them that you are in a leaning process and feeling your way along. The best advice you can give them, is to listen to their inner voice. To begin with when using Tarot cards, rather than using the book that comes with them, I would advice your friend to spend time each day meditating by focusing on one Tarot card a day, this will trigger their intuition. After completing the entire deck then look at the book.

Esmerelda